Friday, October 16, 2009

Misc

No, I wasn't holding out on anyone by not posting this double Red-tail release until just now. This was actually from last season, but I didn't have a blog then. Cool, huh?

Thought I would take a quick break from just banding to put up a couple of links that I think are interesting. One is a link to a pdf from the USGS with great information about lead poisoning in raptors and other wild birds. The Raptor Center does still see a number of bald eagles in particular with this problem.





As we are on the topic of migration (or at least I am), here are a couple of other links. This is a link to an article on how migration distances are increasing for birds due to environmental/habitat changes. How about this one that talks about how climate change is altering North American winter bird communities. And this one where birds are a good indicator of climate change in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment