Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Steelers and telephone poles

Stay with me - the posting title will make sense in time. We haven't talked about the Steelers for a bit. There are OTA's right now - Organized Team/Training Activites going on right now. The veterans/starters aren't doing a whole lot other than mentoring, but it's a good time to take a look at your rookies, and to slot in some guys to fill holes from free agency. I am ridiculously excited about Lawrence Timmons being my new starting inside linebacker. I have to admit I am a little nervous about all the focus on my wideouts. Being a Steelers fan, the offense is not my focus. But - I suppose if my offense wants to stay on the field longer, it just keeps my defense a little more rested. I do like the look of Mike Wallace, and Limas Sweed looks like he is catching on.



For birds, I thought about how many I see utilizing telephone poles - raptors as well as woodpeckers, for example. And not just here - Arizona has the Harris' Hawk and the Acorn woodpecker. (Note the latter using the poles as basically a verticle pantry for acorn storage.) Not exactly a natural feature, but they do afford a good look out point.












No comments:

Post a Comment