Thursday, June 18, 2009

Birds of North America online

Bit of a banner day for me as a photographer and contributor to things bird-y. The Birds of North America (Cornell Lab of Ornithology) accepted quite a few submissions from me to include on their site! I chose photos that might not necessarily be portrait shots, but ones instead that showed either a behavior or juvenile or something that was not already shown on the site. I actually ended up being mentioned on the Homepage - that's kinda cool! Friend Sharon took a couple of screen shots of the site. The first one is the Homepage - you see my name if you click on the image to enlarge it.


Second one is an Orchard Oriole that I took banding last year, and what it looks like when you enlarge the photo. (Right now there is a link to the Flickr site I set up for the BONA contact - it will change to this blog address.) Following two photos were just two I had sent in - a Common Moorhen with chicks, and a Short-tailed Hawk with a pigeon. The latter I was a bit proud of, as you rarely get to see that species perched. The species that I now have photos published on the site are: Acorn Woodpecker, Black-necked Stilt, Bobolink, Common Moorhen, Common Myna, Florida Scrub-Jay, Gray Kingbird, Little Blue Heron, Loggerhead Shrike, Marsh Wren, Orchard Oriole, Pileated Woodpecker, Plumbeous Vireo, Red-bellied Woodpecker, Red-shouldered Hawk, Sandhill Crane, Sharp-shinned Hawk, Short-tailed Hawk, Swainson's Thrush and Swamp Sparrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment