Monday, August 29, 2011

Urban Red tailed Hawk

I've had the good fortune to have "run into" a few interesting Red-tailed hawks of late. The first two shots are of the same bird in a western suburb of the Metro area. It is perched on an osprey platform (the ospreys are long gone on their way south) in a field. The plumage is quite light. I couldn't get anything else, photo-wise - the bird was quite comfortable with me stopping on the road, judging from the foot-tuck, and that is a good sign that I didn't stress this bird out.








And here was a bird less than two miles from my house! All of the next shots are of the same bird - I did notice him/her because of the crow hassling! Another bird with interesting plumage - sent these to friend Bill Clark to get his take.































































No comments:

Post a Comment